Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Black girl problems ...

(Photo credit my girl Necca - @westsidestory412 on Instagram) 
Ask me if I'm mixed ... ONE. MORE. TIME... I swear, when I come outside, at least ONE person asks if I'm mixed. The answer is no. Nothing against people who are, I'm just not. One thing about black folk is we come in an array of colors ... From midnight black to high yellow, and that can be in one family. 

I often joke that I'm dark skin on the inside. I'm not the stereotypical, hair flippin, high horse riding light skin chick (unless I have to be). 

Now don't get me wrong... When I'm out with my girls or my man and I'm super dolled up and my face beat to the GAWDS, then yes, I find my seat high up in the nose bleeds. The look on my face is a plastered smirk, but when I'm chillin' though, on a day to day, or behind the bar, I'm super approachable.

In a lot of women of color, there's an underlying hate for one another. I know light skin women who wouldn't  give a brown skin chick water in a sand storm (and vice versa).

If you walk into a room full of women your judged before you even make it to your seat. That shit kills me. I know this because I catch myself doing it sometimes. I never speak on no shit until I've done my investigating though. And that's only if it's worth it. If I know I'm goin to see this person again. If not, it's in the wind. 

I'm all for empowerment. I can't stress this enough. 

We as women have so much to offer but because we are preprogrammed to be a certain way things don't get accomplished as they should. I love to see a woman who's on her shit without bragging. A woman who can humble herself without being asked. Good is never over looked. 

Try to spend less time pointing out the bad in the person next to you and more time fixing the wrong within. Self confidence shines brighter than any jewelry you can cover yourself in. Self confidence speaks for you. Once you rid yourself of whatever hate you have inside, it shows on the outside. 

I'm still working on myself. I don't want to sound self righteous and like my shits together, 'cause it ain't. But I promised myself that I would make the changes necessary so my daughter has something worth looking up to. Something she sees everyday so she doesn't have to seek it anywhere but home. 

It's our responsibility ladies. We are the ones raising the next generation of black women ...




 Follow my IG @BlondeGirlNok
Add me on FB BlondeGirl Nok
Twitter @NOKIgivesuWINGZ

If you have any topics you want me to harp on, inbox,dm, or instaDM me. If it's relatable I'll get right on it. 

Thanks for your support
XOXOX - BlondeGirlNok

No comments:

Post a Comment