Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Insecurities !!

From what I've encountered first hand, tapping into a mans deepest feelings is like sneaking into Fort Knox. They lock their true feelings away and wrap them in barbed wire. For the record fellas... It's annoying as shit. 

Guys seem to know how to divert attention away from them when the heats really on. They love to flip things back into whomever. Their defenses immediately emerge. Trying to get them to answer simple questions is like persuading a 1 year old to effectively use the potty. 

I know a lot of y'all who need a little 'liquid courage' to say what you've always wanted to. A drunken mind speaks the truth, whether they mean to or not. It can be a gift and a curse because, yes, they've gotten something heavy off their chest, but the delivery is all wrong. 

Men shield their insecurities because society has painted a standard for them to follow. Please keep in mind a lot of these standards were put in place ages ago and don't apply today. So when against a woman of this millennium, old fashioned ways only get mocked. Women are now being brought up to be less defendant on men so for a guy to be completely macho cause a clash if personalities. 

If a man (or woman) can not embrace their insecurities and work towards some sort of change, a healthy relationship is next to impossible to obtain. I can guarantee that is in the top 5 reasons people separate, because they can not be completely open and honest. 

Being open and honest does not mean point fingers at your partner, but be able to identify and accept your flaws, Working towards that change ... together ... That goes for any kind of relationship ... Friends, lovers, etc. 

Insecurities can and will manifest into something far worse than what they began. I've had some serious issues with insecurities and they have destroyed great friendship.  I've let my insecurities alter my psyche and done some crazy things to people, hurt a lot of feelings, lashes out at right and wrong people about things not in my control. But I accept responsibility, I don't apologize because I always mean what I say, the delivery may have been harsh, but those were just MY insecurities in living color. 


XOXOX - BlondeGirlNok

Follow my IG @BlondeGirlNok
Add me on FB BlondeGirl Nok
Follow my Twitter @NOKIgivesuWINGZ
I'm open to suggestions !!
Just reach out !! 


No comments:

Post a Comment